This week I’m on vacation. It almost makes me chuckle saying that out loud. Here’s how my vacation is going thus far:
- About a dozen of my sites (or my clients’ sites) are being upgraded right now. The sites are being moved to new, faster servers with the latest versions of all software. That, of course, leads to DNS issues (my best friend and client’s site redirected to a spammer page all night… ugh!), database connection issues, version issues, theme problems, plugin issues… you name it. I was up until 6:30AM this morning fixing issues. I have one site left (yea, the same one!).
- I have a website that I’m launching this week (since I have no other time) that’s now behind in development. However, so far it’s gone quite well. I’ve loaded a binary Geographic database of IP adresy od Maxmind a psaný kód, který automaticky vystředí mapy podle navštíveného uživatele. Bezplatná verze API isn’t too accurate but it at least directs the person to the right region.
- Work has begun on building a plugin for WordPress to make the User Interface much cleaner looking. The functionality doesn’t change, but the look and feel is much improved (see below). I’ve asked Sean from Geek s notebookem to help me out. I’m okay with WP designs and cross-browser issues, but I’m sure Sean can bring this one home.
- A moje děti jsou samozřejmě doma. Můj syn se připravuje na ples a jde na Indiana University. My daughter is in full “girlfriend mode” so the phone is ringing non-stop with teenagers running in and out like it’s Grand Central Station. I’m about to jump out a window! Luckily, I’m on the second floor.
- Přidejte k tomu, že si přeji zintenzivnit své poradenství (loni jsem bez něj celkem snížil příjem v loňském roce), takže můj týden je plný hovorů a obědů.
How’s that for a vacation? I can’t wait to get back to work to get a break! (Not!)